Marquette (#14 AP), who is sits uptop the BIG EAST at 4-0, heads to THE DUNK in what will be a huge game for the Friars.
Can the Friars pull off the upset and finally get a signature win this season? Can PC contain the “Three Amigos”? Can Sharaud Curry break free from Dominic James? More importantly, will the Friars ever be able to satisfy Marvin Barnes by tossing elbows during the game and afterwards play a pickup game outside in the snow while simultaneously lifting weights?
Friars, can we PASS YOU TORCH? CAN YOU CARRY THE TORCH! FOR FUCK’S SAKE, TAKE THE TORCH! Marvin’s hands are starting to melt.
Time: 9PM at THE DUNK
GAMBLING AND PREDICTIONS
Spread: Providence +1 [ProvideceStats on Twitter]
Ken Pomeroy: Marquette 81-76 (69% confidence) based on math and whatnot
CBS Sportsline: PC 78, Marquette 77
SOME LINKS TO CHEW ON
- GoMarquette Official Preview [GoMarquette.com]
- Friars.com Gamenotes [Friars.com]
- Marquette’s Troika of guards are a force [Projo.com]
- Friars can put themselves on the BIG EAST map [Projo.com]
- PC a different team with Sharaud Curry [Mil-Wis Journal Sentinel]
- Dominic James is a shut down defender [Mil-Ws Journal Sentinel]
- WWL Preview [ESPN.com]
- Statement game for PC [Pawtuckett Times]
- Sports Network Preview [sanluisobispo.com]
Enjoy the game everyone!