Well, due to the lovely All-Access site not allowing me to register, and the “other” feed not working for me, I didn’t get to watch our Friars debut this season. Apparently I missed a good old fashioned arse beating, because PC completely dominated the Bryant Bulldogs in a 96-53 victory at the Dunk on Friday night. Judging by the stats, our defense was superb, getting 30 points off turnovers — the Friars also had 13 steals and 12 blocks. The scoring attack was balanced, and PC really got things done down low with 46 points in the paint.
Bilal Dixon had a double-double in his Friars debut, scoring 16 points and pulling down 11 boards. Greedy Peterson led the scoring charge with 18 points.
Weak opponent or not, the Friars came out blazing tonight. They will take on Bucknell tomorrow at 6:30.
Some Stat Tidbits
* 5 Friars finished in double figures (McKenzie 11, Brooks 10, Peterson 18, Curry 12, Dixon 16)
* For awhile, the Friars were outscoring Bryant on points off turnovers. Bryant pulled away with about 7 mins left.
* Sharaud Curry had the most minutes played, with 22.
* 5 Friars played over 20 minutes (Curry 22, Peterson, Dixon, Kyle Wright 21, Mondy 20)
* 12 Friars played overall, including walk-on Chris Carter.
* Kadeem Batts did not play, so he might be a red shirt candidate.
Picture courtesy of TheRoundtable on Twitter
Full recap to come tomorrow!