The Providence Friars got their 2nd straight victory over a ranked team for the first time since 1998 by beating Villanova 83-68 at the DUNK. Providence controlled the game from the very start, with strong offensive performances from Vincent Council and Gerard Coleman (16 points each). Marshon Brooks had a rough shooting night, but he still managed to get 20 points by being an assassin at the foul line down the stretch (12-14 from the line overall).
The Wildcats offense was as cold as the weather that kept many fans at home tonight, mostly relying on a three pointer that just wouldn’t fall (4-22, 18.2%). Providence ran all over Nova’s press, and the Wildcats couldn’t get results against PC’s shiny new man-t0-man defense.
- Jerry: Yeah. Like Bizarro Superman. Superman’s exact opposite, who lives in the backwards bizarro world. Up is down, down is up. He says “Hello” when he leaves, “Good bye” when he arrives.
- Elaine: Shouldn’t he say “bad bye”?
- Jerry: No, it’s still goodbye.
- Elaine: Does he live underwater?
- Jerry: No.
- Elaine: Is he black?
- Jerry: Look, just forget the whole thing, all right.
We won’t forget this one any time soon. Enjoy the win Friartown!
(Image Courtesy of Kevin San)