The Fall Edition of Providence College Magazine hit the ‘old mailbox (actual physical mailbox) this week, and there is a nice feature on Coach Cooley for the upcoming season. You can check out the full issue here and flip to page 27.
One thing I thought was interesting was a list of what’s called his “non-negotiables” of how his players should behave. I couldn’t remember if he mentioned this during his initial press conference back in the Spring, but here they are again just for fun.
- be prompt, prepared for, and active participants in class;
- always act respectfully and with integrity;
- be grateful and take advantage of opportunities when you have them;
- return calls and other communications; and
- go after loose balls on the court
Interestingly enough, only one of those has to do with actual basketball actions.
Hey Vincent Council, time to unblock me on Twitter and return my communications! Coach said so!